Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big Boy Update

Jack is now 5 Years old. He is officially a Big Kid as I was reminded at class the other night when we were interviewing one another. I interviewed a young woman named, Tanya, she is 20 years old, not married, no children. She asked if I had children I told her one 5 year old boy, she responded with "Oh a big boy!" I was suddenly kinda depressed that my Baby was referred to as "A big boy". I know we call him that at home but, for someone else to say it was surreal.

I have now come to terms with the fact that he is a Big Boy (and yes, Gramma, I know we need to "get on with having another one") so I thought I would start doing "Big Boy Updates".

Today's update: Jack's puppy, Cash, is a spazzy guy and likes to tear anything he can get his paws on to shreds. Today (our first non rainy day in a week) I asked Jack if he would like a job with an allowance since he is a Big Boy now. His answer? "Sure!" He earned his dollar today going out armed with rubber gloves and a plastic bag picking up Cash's trash bits all over the back yard. He did an awesome job! I am going to give him daily "Jobs" (starting small like; Feed the Dogs in the morning) and then a big job on the weekend. Hopefully it will help him understand the importance of earning money and hard work. It may be a stretch but, Ima gonna try!

0 comments: