Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today is.....

Autism Awareness Day. As an educator and a parent I have so much respect for the parents and educator's of those with Autism. In my line of work we see young children with varying degrees of Autism every day (I am so lucky to work on a campus where we practice inclusion with Special Needs Program's). I have met, learned from and totally fell in love with so many little human beings with Autism.

I have the flu today and after our very early Tee-Ball morning I came home and collapsed on the couch. Zach went to finish up a job and I was left alone, sick and very grumpy with an extremely chatty and intelligent 5 year old. I put him to bed an hour ago and sat down in front of my computer to finish up some homework for my Child Psychology class and began to count my blessings. How lucky we are to have our busy, healthy little guy! As much as he drives us batty and challenges us, we are truly blessed!

0 comments: