Monday, June 16, 2008

The hair massacre of 2008....

For those of you who know Mr. Jack, he is a easy boy, never really into much mischief, pretty much a rule follower and keeps him self entertained. So, yesterdays mishap was a total shock!

We had My Mom and Step Dad over for a late brunch. We cleaned up the kitchen and while doing this Jack was in between his room and the backyard playing. After My Mom and I cleaned up we did Father's Day gifts and then Jack and I went in to do our annual Father's Day baking (cookies for all the Grandpa's) once the mixing was over Jack asked if I could turn on Disney channel in my room for him to watch. I did. After about the forth batch of cookies out of the oven I decided to go in and check on Jack (he was quiet so I assumed he had fallen asleep) as I was walking down the hall he was coming towards me, with soaking wet hair and a half smile, half "Uh Oh" look on his face.

I asked: "Why is your hair wet?"
He responded: "I cut it." In a very soft voice.

As I moved closer I could see what happened. His once long bangs were now near his scalp! I (of course) freaked out! Calling for Zach, "Look what he did to his hair!" Zach came in and was the calm one. Jack was disappointed in himself but, really melted down when the topic of "Buzzing it all off" came up. The neighbors probably thought there was a limb lost with me yelling and Jack crying.

Zach ran him down to Fantastic Sam's to have them fix it as best they could. Without buzzing it all off. Luckily his hair grows extremely fast and we own a couple Baseball caps until it grows back in!


Just a bit of the evidence.

0 comments: