Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First watermelon picked from our garden..

This summer we planted a little vegetable/fruit garden. Jack went with me to pick out what we would plant. We started with Strawberries, Watermelon, an Heirloom Tomato, 2 little celery seedlings from the children's museum, 2 more artichokes (already have a mature one that is doing pretty well) and two varieties of pumpkins.

Pretty much anything will grow in our yard. The tomatoes and artichokes are doing great as well as the pumpkins and watermelons. The strawberries didn't do well, I tried replanting them and it didn't work out so we will try some in a pot next time around, the celery didn't make it either not enough water I suppose. But all in all I think we did relatively well with our little garden. So much in fact Jack found our first fruit and picked it himself. He here is with his first fruit of the harvest. He was pretty excited. Oh yeah, so was was Zach ;o)


0 comments: