We made sugar cookies with a new recipe I found for icing that hardens (so we can put it into the cute little heart baggies we found at Target without a mess) and stays glossy. Jack requested pink icing. And I did a couple in lavender to put aside for his Teacher.
I love making iced sugar cookies for parties etc. But always end up fighting them. They either fall apart, lose their shape while baking or something catastrophic! It may have something to do with the fact that I always bake at night after a long day of work, school and keeping up with my busy six year old.
So tonight I pulled out my secret weapon. Rice Flour! I found out about this amazing stuff when we took our preschool class to a local Pizza Parlour in Grover Beach for a field trip. They use it to roll out the dough and it cooks off rather than leaving that yucky residue that regular flour does. We use it around here when we do homemade pizza. So tonight I gave it whirl and it did the trick for the cookies as well as my pizza stone. Which is the only item I own that works better the dirtier it gets, give it a scrap after use and you're good to go! Happy Early ♥'s Day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment