Friday, March 13, 2009

Pink Support...

Today Teachers and Students were encouraged to wear pink in support of the California Teachers and Staff that will be receiving their pink slips today. Jack's Kindergarten Teacher will not be laid off due to seniority but could be moved to another school in the fall. The class sizes next year will be significantly larger and most of the classified staff for Lucia Mar could be gone.

I, myself, may be affected. The County Office of Education is also affected by the cuts. 15 billion dollars to be exact. Many programs will be cut and if any of the staff that is cut has seniority over me, back to subbing I may go....

Support your teachers! Write a letter to your Superintendent of Schools to give them ideas on how we can cut in other areas and not the majority of staffing!!!

Here is how Jack and I showed our support with some simple homemade pinkness..

 

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: