Sunday, June 7, 2009

A simple solution.

With summer vacay rapidly approaching I am going into my summer nesting phase. Translation: I will have more time to do things around the house, for myself and for fun activities with Jackson. Today when I was doing my Sunday cleaning I noticed Zach and Jackson's heap of shoes by our tiny entry way. It used to be cute, when Jack would take the time to line them all up according to size but lately it has turned into a pile of unorganized shoes, consisting of footwear from work boots to baseball cleats. The boys really need their shoes to be right by the door so there is one last thing to search for in the morning so I had to come up with a solution for this problem. It was easily taken care of with a little old bedside table in our garage (which was left over at Great Grandma Martha's house when she moved into assisted living) with nice deep drawers to fit all sizes of shoes and plenty of room on top to flop your keys and cell phone down when you walk in the door! I will most likely paint it when I have more time and perhaps some cute new pulls but for the time being it will do. It fit perfectly between the door and the end of the carpet, it was meant for this small space.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Erin Brummitt said...

We have the same problem! I had a bookshelf that came with the last bed we bought for Lilly that I had never used. The shoes were just stacking up as you can imagine with 5 people! So I decided to use the shelf. It would be great if 1. everyone put their shoes back on it when they were done.... husband included, and 2. if ANY of the kids shoes matched! Emmy is notorious for having 1 of every shoe. When she cant find 2 that match, she wears 2 that dont! I have NO idea where they have all gone. I love your look much better than mine... so cute!!