Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Welcome back, Diego...

Diego is our massive black cat. We took him home after he and his litter mates were dumped off at the Preschool I worked at, at the time. He's been through our good and tough times. Like when I abandoned him to stay with my Grandma to be closer to the hospital when Zach had his stroke and then when we moved from the only home he ever knew (the ranch) to a house on a busy street (he hid under our bed for weeks!)

You'd think he could handle just about anything. Anything but PUPPIES! As soon as we brought Cash and Billie home (late October) he has been M.I.A. Jack has reported that he has had a few Diego sightings on the fence while playing in his sandbox. I thought we had lost our ol' guy until this evening, I went out to check the mail after dinner and heard a meow, looked down and there he was! Still fat as ever, with a couple of new battle scars to his ears. I scooped him up and brought him inside (it's cold and rainy tonight) and served him up a dish of whipping cream (a little bribery never hurt anyone). Our family is all together again :o)


Diego Circa 2005 (check out those little 2 year old chubby fingers holding onto him, too cute!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG.. He looks just like Joey still!! I'm glad you found him!!!